Cubominos Match Demo
I only realize I don't evoke the “black and white” dices in the description of Cubominos.
Now, it can be very interesting in the development of the game, reminding the traditional opposition of “black and white” in games such as chess, go, reversi, ...
Also, it would open many interesting perspectives for the A.I.
Here the demo of a match including the following rules not included in the initial version of Cubominos,
1st white move
1st black move
2nd black move
3rd white move, variant
4th white move
In this configuration, with 3 as value of the inside face of the last put white dice,
Let's note the chain in f2-f3-e3-d3-d4-e4 [digits 1 to 6 in disorder, which brings in 1+2+3+4+5+6, i.e. 21 points to the white player ; if the chain was in order, the chain would bring in (1+2+3+4+5+6)x2, i.e. 42 points].
Up-faces value are taken into account for the chains.
1 point + 21 points = 22 points
Let's note the encircling of the black dice in d3.
Let's note the new chain in c3-d3-d4-e4-e3-f3 [digits 1 to 6 in disorder, which brings in 1+2+3+4+5+6, i.e. 21 points to the white player ;
If the white move allowed a complete adaptability in c2 AND in c2, the player could have the benefit of his inside face, 3 points AND of the up-faces values of the encircling dices, in the state of affair 2 + 3 + 6 + 6 = 17 points AND of the chain, 21 points.
As the move allows only one complete adaptability for the next black move, in c2, the white player lose the benefit of one gain; he will chose the most advantageous benefits, i.e. 17 points + 21 points = 38 points.
5th white move variant
6th white move
6th black move
But given the fact that the placement of the dice in c2 was forced, the black player doesn't lose the benefit of his points,
Let's note several new chains :
So here, 4 + 62 = 66 points.
7th white move
the chains :
7th black move
Let's note a symmetrical figure
in d4-d5-e5-e4, which brings in 14 points.
Also, the following chains :
21 * 2 = 42 points
8 + 22 + 64 = 94 points
If the game ended here, we would have :
Your objective : to get a maximum of points.
How ? you have several possibilities :
- series of same numbers : 111111
- series of incremented numbers : in logical order : 123456 or in disorder
- alternances of numbers : 252525 (an alternance of complementary numbers gives you more points than other types of alternances ; so, 252525 is more interesting than 262626
- series in any direction, so diagonally accepted complementary numbers : 1-6; 2-5; 3-4 (the sum of two opposite sides is always 7).
- In a virtual version of the game, the pattern of squares can be as large as one wants and the number of dices can be unlimited ;
- benefit of the points if a dice against a dice of the opposite colour ;
- dice against a dice of the same colour doesn't give the benefit of any kind of points (lateral placement, encircling, chains..) but allows to prevent the benefit of a figure by the opponent ;
- to form a square of dices of the same colour
- one or more dices of the same colour encircled by dices of the opposite colour ( go principle)
- the figure, chain or encircling, must be indicated just after the move by the player
- a chain is constituted of 6 dices one against the other two by two
- the chain must be continue
- a chain must start from the up-face value of the last dice put.
- to play “against” the opponent, negative, defensive, non romantic approach
- to prevent the opponent to continue the game
- to remove a maximum of dices of the opponent
- dice placed in non possible adaptable position for the next move removes the benefit of the points
- to play for oneself, positive, offensive, romantic approach.